Re-branding for Growth
/ Brand Strategy, Naming, Ideation, Event Production, Design /
Situation: Greenhouse Software, an emerging leader in recruiting software, wanted to grow their “Recruiting Optimization” user summit and roadshow in year two and use the platform to launch a new products. Their current event branding was too limiting and it didn’t reflect their expanding product portfolio. Greenhouse also wanted to make statement about their position as an industry thought leader.
What We Did: Created Greenhouse OPEN, a bigger, more inclusive community brand to enable growth and positioning new products.
Results: The Greenhouse OPEN summit enjoyed significant growth vs their first user summit:
- 3x attendance
- 4x sponsorship money raised
- generated $100,000’s more in new sales pipeline vs year one.
The summit was followed by a series of successful roadshows and created a community platform that could be use for future growth.
/ Visual and Conceptual Rebrand
- Recruiting Optimization Summit
- Recruiting Optimization Roadshow
- A Greenhouse event for users
- Relied on luxury experiences for impact
- Anonymous visual identity tied to Greenhouse by logo only
- Value Proposition of “Recruiting Optimization” wasn’t broad enough to include new products
- Relied on association with San Francisco
- Audience was Greenhouse Users
- Greenhouse OPEN
- OPEN Road Show
- A Greenhouse “sponsored” event for the industry
- Visually tied to core Greenhouse visual brand via plant icons and color palette
- Guest experience design embodied brand values and messaging for greater impact
- Re-positioned the event as an industry thought leadership event with more emotional branding
- Emphasized community of HR, Talent Acquisition, People Ops leaders
- Audience was 50/50 Greenhouse customers and other industry leaders
/Greenhouse OPEN Onboarding Activation
An new Greenhouse Onboarding product was embodied by an event onboarding experience designed to welcome guests into the event community. Wayfaring, welcome kits, icebreakers, and environmental design created a distinct Greenhouse world and created a shared identity quickly among the guests.
/ Greenhouse OPEN Guest Experience Design
We kept what worked in year one, but added ways for guests to share their knowledge and engage emotionally with the community. This created content for social media activations as well.
- An onsite interview set collected views on the future of recruiting, diversity, and onboarding.
- A partnerships with the San Francisco storytelling institution, Porchlight, brought stories about First Jobs & First Days On The Job (including a story about losing Burt Reynolds’ wristwatch).